Friday, May 4, 2012

MM1

Library to have 24/7 Hours during Exam Week



       During exam week, the John Davis Williams Library, located at the center of the Ole Miss campus, will have their doors open round the clock. While this may sound like a student's dream, it is not as beneficial as you may think.
       There have been dozens of studies in the past that have proven lack of sleep is a big contributor to poor exam grades.
       "Sure I'll be there, but I'm certainly not going to be there all night," stated freshman Zach Joos, "if I don't get enough sleep, I'll bomb my exams. I couldn't imagine anyone being fully awake and alert during an exam after they stayed up all night the night before."
       To put more salt in the wound of all-nighter students, the Starbucks Cafe located inside the library will be open until midnight all week long. If a student were to take in caffeine that late at night, the chances of having a 5am crash greatly increases.
       Which means, consequently, the chances of sleeping through an exam increases as well.
       Students, think twice before deciding to pull an all-nighter the night before your exams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment